the SEO currently is managed by the core administration only, but we have scheduled a lot easier way to manage the page SEO from the smart browse bar.
To manage the page meta data now you need to do the following:
1. Navigate to the page on the public site while the "smart browse" is enabled.
2. Click on the "environment" smart browse tab and than on the top "manage" link which is the corresponding one and on the right of the page name
3. Login in the core if you are not, and wait while the system automatically checks out the page
4. Click on the "Metadata" tab and manage the details.
5. Save and Checking the page.
The process will be improved with the new ticket implemented and should provide you with a direct access to the page metadata while smartbrowsing it, by clicking a new SEO context menu in the smart browse