Manage a user account
The concept of WordFrame Integra is of working with a centralized security system for all applications above the platform. This means that all the accounts that will be used for the WordFrame Integra Core or any other add-on application, will be browsable and manageable through the Core.
To do that you need to do:
- Log in to the WordFrame Integra Core Administration
- Click on the "Builder" tab in the upper left corner
- Click on the "Accounts & Security" menu in the main navigation bar
- Click on the "Browse accounts" link in the "User accounts" section on the left of the screen
- Filter the accounts list if needed
- Click on the corresponding "manage" link for the account you want to manage
Account details, groups and roles
The fields included in the account details are:
- Description: The username can be used as an alternative of the email during log in. It can be also used by application as part of the URL of the account specific pages. Represents the account in the Core administration and could be used for the same purpose in many applications. Must be unique. Only general registration rules are applied on save and can trigger validation error.
- Description: Used for communication between the WordFrame Integra and the user. Also can be part of the log in process. Must be unique. Only general registration rules are applied on save and can trigger validation error.
- password and verify password
- Description: Passwords are stored encrypted in the database, so the only option of "knowing" an account's password is to change it. Only general registration rules are applied on save and can trigger validation error.
- generate password functionality
- Description: Automatically will generate and prefill a pretty strong password for the account. It will be presented in not encrypted form, so you'd better write it down (or remember it if you are The new Einstein). Have in mind that the generated passwords could not obey the general registration rule for the password and the save account process to fail with a validation message. In this case you need to change the generated password in a way that it complies with the rule.
- Register date
- Description: the exact date and hour when the account was creation or imported
- Last activity
- Description: The last when a page was browsed with this account.
- Last login IP
- Description: The IP (network address) of the account during its last login. Here will be presented an information whether the IP is in the current blocked IPs list.
- Current state
- Description: If disabled, account will not grant access and will trigger an error message on login.
- Options: enabled; disabled
- Note: the state is changed when the enable/disable account link above the account's details form is clicked.
- Account enrolled groups
- Description: The permissions are granted to an account through its assigned roles or the groups he is enrolled in. Section 2 "Group memberships" presents all the groups the account is enrolled in. There are two specific things you must know about this list:
- group labeled as "(system)" are ones that are created by the system and carry out some specific purpose. For more information review the security groups page
- for some groups will appear a lock icon and "protected" label, instead the "recall" link. These are mandatory groups for all registered accounts and all accounts are members of these groups. Currently there is only one such group - "Authenticated (system)"
- Account assigned roles
- Description: The permissions are granted to an account through its assigned roles or the groups he is enrolled in. Section 3 "Roles assignment" presents all the assigned roles. There are two specific things you must know about this list:
- roles labeled as "(system)" are ones that are created by the system and carry out some specific purpose. For more information review the security roles page
- for some roles will appear a lock icon and "inherited" label, instead the "remove" link. These are roles that are assigned to enrolled groups from the "Account groups" list, so you can remove them only if you remove the corresponding parent group or groups represented in the "inherited from" column of the grid.
Last edited by nadia on 27 Oct 2010 | Rev. 1 |
This page is public
Filed under: root