In order to simplify the backup process, you can create local server backup folder and provide read/write permissions to the "Everyone" Windows user. In this way you will not need to set DOMAIN, username and password while scheduling backup or manually performing it.
There are two options to backup your WordFrame Integra system:
- Automatically via backup schedule plans
- Manual Backup
You need to know that the backup is stored in a specific wordframe format with a file extensions “.wfibackup”. This file includes backups of all the databases used by the system with all their current information, backup/preset description and application files. If you restore a backup you will get an identical copy of the system.
To do a manually backup, you need to:
- Log in to the WordFrame Integra Core Administration
- Click on the “Architect” tab in the upper left corner
- Click on the “Global settings” menu in the main navigation bar
- Click on “Manual Backup” link in the “Database settings” section on the left side of the screen
- Read the information about the backup process and click on the “Next” button
- Fill in the backup name and description. You should to know that they will be included in the backup system information and could be presented to the public during the restore or install processes.
- Click on the “Next” button
- Fill in:
- backup folder – folder where the backup file will be stored from server's standpoint. ("c:" will mean the server's local drive "c:")
- authentication domain – name of the authentication domain
- username – user that has read/write permissions for the backup folder
- password - the password for that pairs with the above username
- authentication test – you can validate the backup settings as click on the ‘validate backup settings’ link
- Click on "Backup" button to trigger the backup process
Last edited by Boz Zashev on 29 Sep 2010 | Rev. 7 |
This page is public
Filed under: Global settings