public Real time jobs monitor
How to monitor the background jobs in real time
To browse the background jobs manager in real time, you need to do:
- Log in to the WordFrame Integra Core Administration
- Click on the "Architect" tab in the upper left corner
- Click on the "Core monitoring" menu in the main navigation bar
- Click on the "Jobs monitor" link in the "Background jobs" section on the left of the screen
- Select the monitoring period - 1 minute or 1 hour
- Press "Start"
To stop the monitoring process, you can either navigate out of the page, or Press "Stop and view details" button to generate a snapshot.
Jobs are presented by priority, application pack and status. The statuses are:
- pending - jobs that are still not scheduled by a webserver for execution.
- running - jobs that are marked by a web server that they are been executed.
- canceled - jobs that have been canceled by the user while they were "pending"
- aborted - jobs that have been aborted during its execution
- finished - jobs that finished their execution. The result could be a success or an error.
- error or finished with error - job that have been executed but with errors. The error will be logged into the job details and could be reviewed.
Generate snapshot of the currently running jobs
To create a snapshot of all jobs created in the selected period, you need to press "Stop and view details" while monitoring the jobs. On this screen a lot more detailed and categorized information is presented. If you click on a number in the grid, a popup will appear with the list of all jobs that are included.
The jobs in the snapshot are categorized in the following categories:
- by priority
- according to their execution priority as set by the application which scheduled the job
- by application pack
- according to the software package of the application which scheduled the job
- by application
- by the application who scheduled the job
- by creator's account
- the account of the user who actually triggered the job creation
- by job status
- the current status of the job or if it was finished with errors
Last edited by Boz Zashev on 29 Sep 2010 | Rev. 1 |
This page is public
Filed under: Platform monitoring